Advertisement

Art director/Illustrator : Handoko Tjung

One of the winners of the global warming brief of Good 50x70 : http://good50x70.org/2008/

Climate is Changing

Well the exageration is that

Well the exageration is that the effect of global warming is getting more real, the ice at the poles are melting real quickly, climate is changing, so the polar bears should change themselves into panda and migrate to somewhere tropical (eg. china) if they want to survive.
I will consider a tag line then, thanks =)

Cute. Of course, there are

Cute. Of course, there are the little technical issues, like polar bears being bears, and pandas being in the raccoon family. And penguins being antarctic. Those may be nits but they're distracting.

I think that would only

I think that would only distract a small percentage of people. Most people make the immediate connection b/c they are both called 'bears' and will not over analyze and ad like this. And penguins and polar bears are close enough. I think it works nicely!
---
http://jakephillips.wordpress.com

too

too good...
excellent...
A1....
faboulus...
I'm talking about the creative route of communication...
and i hope its orignial. if it is, work on the execution, and the copy,(presuming this is just an intermediate/job-in-progress product) it can win awards...

Thanks very much! I can

Thanks very much!
I can assure you that it is original, i made it myself.
it's not a job-in-progress actually, it's a poster i made for a poster competition, and fortunately it got in as one of the winners

no wonder you r a winner.

no wonder you r a winner. you worked hard to be fortunate. its a great job done.
social messages usually take up a sarcastic route to point out the follies of a group/nation and naturally those hardly works. you can't tease me and expect me to adhere to you.
you have taken a route that contains witty and humorous elements. at least the messages is passed and taken away by the viewer.

I see this piece a little

I see this piece a little differently, instead of Polar bears becoming like Pandas as the arctic heats up, i see this as Polar Bears need to be treated like endangered pandas, so they are painting themselves with black paint, maybe then we will pay more attention to their plight.

great concept, not a huge fan of the illustration though. doesnt do the idea justice

Yes, it has that implicit

Yes, it has that implicit message included also, thanks for noticing!

i've made an attempt making a digital imaging version, but then getting the expression i want is a bit hard (maybe since i'm more illustration based) so i chose this cartoon style

agree with u i don't think

agree with u
i don't think it's about the different living environment of polar bear and panda, but about the climate is becoming warmer and warmer, so the polar bear is goiong to be endangered.

so it can explain why so many penguins behind.

Great concept! Executed

Great concept! Executed well. I like the simplicity of it. Any more overdone and it would detract from the message. Love the limited color palette and the sketched feel overall. I definitely get it, and within a few seconds none the less, which is always the goal. Great work!

So bright picture but so

So bright picture but so awful theme like global warming... I even don't know should I smile or cry....

Advertisement