AD 1 TAG: For every box that is opened, someone else's is closed.

AD 2 TAG: For every finger to receive a ring, another one must pull a trigger.

AD 3 TAG: For every hand in marriage, another hand is taken away.

Art School: Savannah College of Art & Design (Savannah, GA, USA)
Art Director: Michael Griffith
Copy Writer: Michael Griffith

African Conflict Diamonds

Go watch blood diamond, or

Go watch blood diamond, or read up on the the history of a country like the Ivory Coast on Wikipedia.
------------------------------------
Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

I like the idea behind the

I like the idea behind the first one, but it's not shocking enough. Try putting a corpse in there or something. Also, boil down the copy at the bottom to a powerful statistic or something simple but hard-hitting.

wearmysocks : I'm from Ivory

wearmysocks : I'm from Ivory coast and there's no question of diamonds there. Now i reed the copy. Nice creations . A bit elitist. Good job for your society. but i don't feel it as african. Too soft.

Well, if you're from the

Well, if you're from the Ivory Coast, you obviously need to brush up on your modern history.

"Côte d'Ivoire began to develop a fledgling diamond mining industry in the 1990s. A coup overthrew the government in 1999, starting a civil war. The country became a route for exporting diamonds from Liberia and war torn Sierra Leone.[6][9] Foreign investment began to withdraw from the Ivory Coast. To curtail the illegal trade, the nation stopped all diamond mining, and the UN Security Council banned all exports of diamonds from Côte d'Ivoire in December 2005."

-Sourced from Wiki

I definitely got it, I like

I definitely got it, I like the first one. I agree that the typography detracts from the message and is hard to read. Maybe exaggerate the shape of the box, or put it in the setting of a cemetary.

to wearmysocks : ahhahaha

to wearmysocks : ahhahaha always same reference. I gonna tell you what modern history. 1999 : a military Push made by General Robert Guei against président Henry BEDIE.2002 : rebellion made by Soro guillaume, ex- student leader chief. official reason; lack of democraty, election and so one... Till 1999 to now, Ivory Coast raw materials are ; cocoa, coffee, woods...diamonds is not on the 15 list of exported materials. You watch too many films and reed the wrong book.Country who exported fully diamonds in africa are : liberia, siera leone, angola... diamonds is not well extracted. there's many minerals in the soil.but it's not a priority for the country since the politic of 1960 of latest president Houphouet BOIGNY. For documentation see this :http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/AFR05/001/2002/fr/dom-AFR05001.... In west Africa they are 3 countries who are diamonds exporters :GUINÉE, LIBÉRIA ET SIERRA LEONE... So let's return to history class (modern) and read again modern story. Hey man, You can't teach to someone his own story. HI
Wikipedia : is pfffffffff!

*yawn* Did I say that IC

*yawn*

Did I say that IC exports copious amounts of diamonds? Show me where I wrote that please, I can't seem to find it. What I insinuated if not outright wrote is that it is an african country which has had drama with conflict diamonds. Am I not correct?

And don't mock the wiki! Wiki > all.

No this is uncorrect.totally

No this is uncorrect.totally uncorect. No dramma with conflict diamonds. SORRY. Conflict facts: election, immigration, some says xenophobia...No dramma based on conflit diamonds...

I apologize to everyone for

I apologize to everyone for continually spamming this thread about a topic which is only partially relevant, and I will give proper feedback on this ad campaign shortly,BUT goodkarma is telling an untruth which I feel should not be spread. Feels a bit too much like propaganda to me.

As you are disputing the repute of my Wikipedia source, I will link a news article from BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4533760.stm

I will paste the most relevant bit.

"In its resolution, the Security Council said the situation there [in the Ivory Coast] continued to "pose a threat to international peace and security in the region".

"All states shall take the necessary measures to prevent the import of all rough diamonds from Ivory Coast to their territory," it added.

The country will also now be subjected to the Kimberley Process, an international initiative started in 2002 to prevent the sale of "conflict diamonds" used to fund wars in Angola, Congo, Sierra Leone and Liberia."

Anyway, I will stop belaying the point. In regards to these two ads, I refer the one on the left, but can you somehow enhance the fact that it is a diamond box? Maybe make it Tiffany and Co's blue colour? (They may get seriously pissed about that though.)

I also think you should lose the tag lines.

As you should know, we here

As you should know, we here to talk about advertising. So i won't say anything. I could give you many sources.Why should make propaganda? i'm out of the country 'cause i'm advertiser. Sorrry for those who are hurt by truth. I won't say anything against this. see you

interesting idea. the first

interesting idea. the first visual works better than the second, which is tired. do try and push even the first though. go and do something *really* shocking if you want to take this road.

Hello, The third one is

Hello,

The third one is definatly the best. Im a graphic designer myself so when i get time i might have a go at designing some of these posters.

I like them all and i used

I like them all and i used them for a powerpoint i did for my class about blood diamonds. but i think that the first one should be like...a necklace or bracelet box because that looks more like a coffin than the ring box...just a suggestion tho!

It's good but don't you think

It's good but don't you think this will contradict the diamond maker industry because these are the companies who are now a days doing lot of ads and endorsed celebrity

Super Like..I read all the

Super Like..I read all the comments so I agree with who r saying that it can be better & need other font family..
My feedback is : 2nd one is why on black, white will be much better like others two..Typewriter fonts will feet for it or some font like killer effect with blood..3rd one need some blood below the hand..