Advertisement

I guess the topic sums it up. We were supposed to communicate that the shoes make you faster. Let me know if you like the ideas and if it is a fresh idea good for the book. Thanks everyone.

Reebok Shoes Ambient Ideas (Class Assignment)
Reebok Shoes Ambient Ideas (Class Assignment)

i think these need a bit

i think these need a bit more work but i like them, i think with you're first one you should say you would have the walkway set to a higher speed.
i see what you're doin with the plane one just that is saying flying aswell be bette ron a bus or a trian i think.

I think the message is more

I think the message is more that it makes you go faster already. The walkway helps you move faster (relative to the people not on it). This is why it is placed on the outside so it would be read by the passersby rather than the people already "going faster."
-----
"There is no entitlement to the consumer's attention. It is earned."
-Luke Sullivan

www.dbsheppard.com

-----
-Luke Sullivan

www.dbsheppard.com

the plane one is neat, the

the plane one is neat, the first one needs a better line.maybe put a sticker at the bottom of the moving walkways... ''too old for only one step?'' and then an arrow to the stairs. just a suggestion.

I thought about how to make

I thought about how to make it look as though the people inside were wearing it but ran into this problem:
The sticker would not move along with the people inside so it would only line up for a very brief moment. The idea to put it only at the entrance does not make sense either since people don't stop there....they just keep walking.

-----
-Luke Sullivan

www.dbsheppard.com

Dude Fasten a pair of shoes

Dude

Fasten a pair of shoes of the actual wing of the plane.

Stencil on the window: "Better traction helps you run faster."

You're on your way to Cannes baby :)

"I saw a subliminal ad executive once, but only for a second." - The Wright
www.ryanfox.ca

I have thousands of pencils and $1.50 so I'm off to Starbucks

If you don't, I'm going to

If you don't, I'm going to :)

www.ryanfox.ca

I cannot tell if this

I cannot tell if this comment is sarcasm. Forgive me for thinking so if it's not, but I have to think it is because that wouldn't work for 2 reasons (if not more):

1.) The message comes across more as though the shoe is sticky rather than fast. It would seem as though the plane is what is making it fast...not the shoe itself since it is just riding along with the plane. Not sure if traction comes off more than sticky. That would be highly subjective.

2.) More importantly, this would be highly illegal. It would disrupt the aerodynamics of the plane and you would have a very hard time rationalizing media placement vs human safety.

Maybe I understood your idea wrong?
-----
-Luke Sullivan

www.dbsheppard.com

-----
-Luke Sullivan

www.dbsheppard.com

nope, you got the idea bang

nope, you got the idea bang on. But here's why you;re starting from a false assumption:

1) The shoe isn't fast. The person is fast. The shoe is a tool to help the person go faster. That's like saying tires are fast. You're anthropromorphising the product. One of the reasons a good shoe helps a runner run faster is because of superior traction. Better traction = more control = faster runner. That's why the line is so important. Stencil a line like "Betetr traction makes you run faster" on the window overlooking the wing, and you;re gold.

2) Oya, that's sticky. For sure. Thank GAWD this is a spec piece and you don;t have to worry about such things. Logistics, mechanics, production issues...you, as a creative, should NOT care about such things when you;re coming up with spec ideas for a portfolio. All anyone cares about is your ability to think creatively, not your ability to take aerodynamics and production issues into consideration. Those are someone else's job :)

But hey, flying shoes...neat :)

www.ryanfox.ca

For real. I'm tempted to

For real. I'm tempted to either ignore the fishing ads or just keep writing "it sucks" even if they're good :)

www.ryanfox.ca