Advertisement
Olx Pakistan

Hey Shawali! :) I looked it

Hey Shawali! :) I looked it up and found OLX.com is a free classified site, so I'm thinking that the overall gist of this ad is that thanks to OLX.com, you can put your ads out there without having to waste money on things like billboards; hence why there is a billboard ad for a billboard. Now...with that being said, I have to say that this ad is, to put it lightly, not good. There is honestly nothing to it. It's just a billboard and a logo and then the rest is left up to John Q. Public to interpret. This really is something that anyone could have come up with at 2 am, sitting at their kitchen table eating Haagan-Daas. What I'm trying to say is that as the creative force that drives sales it's our job to go above and beyond the "easy fix." If it seems like coming up with the idea was too easy, then it was and you need to, at the very least, go back look at what you've done and then find ways to go deeper or in a different direction or with a twist. If this WAS something that was lamented on for a while then I would suggest another career (just kidding) but seriously, I would recommend doing some massive reading into copywriting and design. As harsh as I'm being (and I'm not trying to break spirits or bust balls.) this is nothing compared to the way agencies/creative directors are going to be. At best all I can say is the only way you should keep this is if it is posted up next to your work space so that you can look on it as a reminder of things not to do.

Hey fellas, thanks for taking

Hey fellas, thanks for taking some time to look at this copy and sorry that you guys found your time wasted.
I had two things in my mind when I created this copy.

Billboards are owned by advertising agencies (registered companies), not by individuals. They do their business by renting out their billboards to their clients for a agreed period of time. They don't sell them, at least not in this way - they give their contact number, not third party website. I thought it's an obvious thing and everyone knows about it. This is the first thing.

Second, olx.com.pk is a very popular portal, in Pakistan, for buy/selling used/old stuffs. Probably, the first choice of majority who wants to buy/sell a commodity online.

I thought it will be a like a 'living example' if I sum point 1 and point 2. But now it seems I made a bad calculation.

Hey jdb. I can't speak for

Hey jdb. I can't speak for Shawali, but you didn't waste my time. You should never feel the need to apologize about putting your work out there for people to take part in. The whole purpose of this site is so that you can put your stuff on here and have people see and critique it. Also, I didn't mean to sound like an ass in my comment and I apologize if that is the way you took it. I do think that in having us comment on your ad, it made you aware of the fact that maybe it wasn't as cut and dry as you thought it was. This is a good thing, so now you can go back and brainstorm some more on it. As for bad calculations, everybody has those from time to time (hell, some of them even make it to prime time TV. LOL.) The important thing is to learn from them in order to grow and further enhance your talents. Also, remember to take comments with a grain of salt just because someone has a problem with your work doesn't necessarily mean that there is one. (Now if you get several of the same comment you might want to pay a bit more heed.) Take care. :)

Advertisement
Campaign Submission
Upload Your Work
Get Featured on AotW
Submit Now