Advertisement

Child labour deprives children from even their basic education.

Eradicate Child Labour

Excellent. In fact, I would

Excellent. In fact, I would like to publish this in our electronic newsletter (with attribution), if you agree.Please contact me @ qasim dot zaidi at gmail dot com for details.thanks

Hi, My name is Michelle

Hi,
My name is Michelle Hulme, I am currently studying a BA(Hons) in Childhood Studies at Manchester Uni in the UK.
> I am writing to ask your permission if it is at all possible to be able to use this picture, as an illustration, in an essay which I am writing for the third year of my degree.
>
> The essay is looking at children and childhood and my perspective is 'Working Children in Developing Countries under Western Perspective'.
>
> I would like to use your picture as the opening picture to my assignment, which will also look at child labour and globalisation.
> '.
>
> The assignment is strictly for the university and will not be published externally.
>
> I would also like to know when this image was first published?
>
> I hope that you will endevoour to help me in my studies and I wish you the very best and thank you for you time and cooperation.

This is not saying anything

This is not saying anything about child labour, what I see here is a poor kid who's probably carting water to his home. No one is being educated by this ad. A lot of us are educated and would like to see poverty itself eradicated and of course child labour. It's world leaders who need to be forced into ending it through the vote we make at ballot boxes (though not always effective) and the choices we make when being consumers. People do have the power, if only they were more motivated. This message doesn't motivate, you need to be persuasive and powerful in your thinking. Sometimes ad people have this responsibility and can change the way others think.

Very nice idea... but i

Very nice idea... but i think you could use the picture of a child, probably carrying water in mines while working... or something like that... Again the idea is great... see if you can find another picture...

Agree with Davosk. This kid

Agree with Davosk. This kid could just be bringing water for his family. He should be shown in a working environment, some sub-saharan african shit hole of a place. And even though the copy makes sense to the image, it's not powerful enough. I mean, so he's carrying a bucket of water. If you live in some place where one has no direct access to water, someone has to go get it. Why not your kids? After all, what kind of job is that? Put that kid in a factory, making soccer balls for nike in Pakistan or Indonesia, or carpets in Egypt, where the image of child labor is instantly recognizable, rather than to be confused with a chore/necessity.

Although, I appreciate the concept. I think its a good ad. Maybe if you can find another nursery rhyme applicable or a perfect image for this one, like some asshole with a whip behind that poor child, it would be more powerful than it is right now.

My name is Michelle Hulme, I

My name is Michelle Hulme, I am currently studying a BA(Hons) in Childhood Studies at Manchester Uni in the UK.
> I am writing to ask your permission if it is at all possible to be able to use your picture, as an illustration, in an essay which I am writing for the third year of my degree.
>
> The essay is looking at children and childhood and my perspective is 'Working Children in Developing Countries under Western Perspective'.
>
> I would like to use your picture as the opening picture to my assignment, which will also look at child labour and globalisation.
>
> The assignment is strictly for the university and will not be published externally.
>
> I would also like to know when this image was first published?
>
> I hope that you will endevoour to help me in my studies and I wish you the very best and thank you for you time and cooperation.

Hi Michelle.. I was really

Hi Michelle.. I was really out of touch from this forum, hence a real delayed replied... Ya i guess if you can go ahead and use it in your assignment. And if you could be kind enough to add my name as credentials, would be appreciated.
For further queries, feel free to write in-- shahnaz.chitroda@gmail.com

Regards and Good luck,
Shahnaz

This picture dictates about

This picture dictates about the condition of India today. 3% of india's total population in poor (inlcuding children) who survive through working.
We are very lucky as we have got such parents who wont like to see us in such a condition. and they manage our each n every demand even the conditions are not un affordable for them. Our parents help us thurough out our life.

- Abhijeet Satogiya
Wishwood Cottage School.
India