Advertisement

What do you think of this idea? (updated)

Would appreciate some feedback.

certaintly's picture
certaintly
Activity Score 3994

i love it.

needs a better execution though.
(i know it's good, but it needs to be better ;) )
the shadow for one..
needs to look more 3D
the ribbon straps dont mesh well
etc.

you can come up with some really fun/ny stuff with this idea
and come up with more.

MindDrift's picture
MindDrift
Activity Score 1170

Thank you. Glad you like it.
It's just a rough comp, I'm planning to design it in 3D later.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
Activity Score 8442

OMFG I feel stupid I don't understand what's going on here! =)

Are these a vase and a purse wrapped together?

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

mcmulkinn's picture
mcmulkinn
Activity Score 82

It's saying the gift card can be turned into anything... Cool idea, but do gift cards really need advertising? I'm not convinced they do because they're always a last resort for apathetic boyfriends/husbands.

certaintly's picture
certaintly
Activity Score 3994

that may be true. but the concept itself is really nice. it's a nice insight. happens to me all the time. i never know what to get people

Justin Turco's picture
Justin Turco
Activity Score 182

I get that you buy a gift card when you can't decide what to give - the line is the insight. But if a gift clearly in the ad and wrapped, why do you need a gift card anymore? This ad doesn't make sense to me.

certaintly's picture
certaintly
Activity Score 3994

the wrapped gifts arent what the person got. it's what the gift card CAN get. it's the possibility of many things. of..whatever.

(at least that's how i understood it).

Justin Turco's picture
Justin Turco
Activity Score 182

If two things (a purse and a lamp/a bear and headphones) represent the possibility of many things, then it's very limited.

certaintly's picture
certaintly
Activity Score 3994

perhaps that's being too literal.

at least the way i interpreted it, it was more metaphorical than literal.
but maybe he can add 1 more object.

in any case, it doesnt necessarily have to be the possibility of "many things." that's just what i wrote.
it could be just as easily be the possibility of "more than 1 thing" as in when i dont know if my wife would want the lamp or the purse more.

in any any case, the point of my post was to clarify the confusion.
namely that it's not what the gift-giver has already bought, but rather what the gift-card receiver could buy

MindDrift's picture
MindDrift
Activity Score 1170

Thank you all for your comments. By the way, this is for a real client.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
Activity Score 8442

Yeah, I'm in Justin on this one. I don't understand the wrapped presents.

No one cares about child labor, eye donation or saving the Earth: NO PSA!!! http://adsoftheworld.com/forum/135094

MindDrift's picture
MindDrift
Activity Score 1170

What if I change the line to "For those who can't decide what to give" The visual is showing two gifts wrapped together. (a teddy bear and a headphone, for instance)

mcmulkinn's picture
mcmulkinn
Activity Score 82

It's just the same ad twice? Think of a better way to execute the second one. Also, i'd say it needs a snappier line.

certaintly's picture
certaintly
Activity Score 3994

mindrift, i really think it's fine as it is. dont overthink it.
the executions are fine too. (i still think they need better art though)

the ONLY thing.

maybe this. maybe.

"When you can't decide what to give."
"Give a gift card."

the way you have it is fine though, just a thought.

Shawali's picture
Shawali
Activity Score 8442

I think the idea is there, but it really needs to be explored and push further.

Like can there be an interesting relation or interaction between the two gifts?

If you want to stick with the 2 items packed up together, maybe a messier wrapping would be more appropriate.

mattndan's picture
mattndan
Activity Score 953

I got from it that the person couldn't decide what to give, so they got two disparate objects instead of a gift card (what they should have got).

MindDrift's picture
MindDrift
Activity Score 1170

Yes, that's exactly the idea.

Shey tree's picture
Shey tree
Activity Score 16

I like your idea, but the content of the gifts were limited by those shapes. Besides, the bear in the second picture is a little bit misty. I think you will get more fantastic ideas about this ad.

Shey tree

LansingNick's picture
LansingNick
Activity Score 20

I can relate to this ad, mainly because I love gift cards! I think gift cards are one of the best gifts besides cash money of course. This Ad gets to point and shows the benefit of giving a gift card, that benefit being that the person is able to purchase anything they want with it. From a antique lamp to a teddy bear, gift cards are the gift of one thousand gifts, or maybe just one thousand options for one gift. Haha! “When you can’t decide what to give. The Gift card.” This ad is simple and straight to the point while still offering good graphics and appeal. The Gift Card- It is an easy gift and pretty much acceptable to give to anyone. While you can mess up customizing and choosing a single item/gift for someone, you really can’t mess up giving a gift card to someone.

Patels77's picture
Patels77
Activity Score 2

Thank you. Glad you like it.
It's just a rough comp, I'm planning to design it in 3D later.

Thanks,
The Cheesy Animation - 3D Architectural Rendering

The Cheesy Animation

MindDrift's picture
MindDrift
Activity Score 1170

I'm sorry, but you're too dumb, even for a copycat or a spammer.
I posted this rough comp almost 2 years ago. I have properly executed it and already sold it to the client.

phamduyueb's picture
phamduyueb
Activity Score 2

That's a great idea ! :)

It's my inspiration for new projects

Thank you!

futurescapeadv's picture
futurescapeadv

The thought is great, but the execution could have been better. Also “for those who can't decide” seems to be a better option. By the way, if this is for a client where is that information displayed? Was that intentional, or is this just a rough. All in all keeping the product in view its a good ad.

Meteorbs's picture
Meteorbs

Not bad, but it really needs to be pushed further. Good luck!

johnson5's picture
johnson5

What a good Idea it is, i had ever listen in my whole life.

hugemedia's picture
hugemedia

Should the tag be "give the gift card" instead of just "gift card" ?

Ashan Dilgith's picture
Ashan Dilgith
Activity Score 60

Quite a nice one. Do we need the ribbon? @hugemedia would be better to say 'There's always the gift card'.

Advertisement